Thursday, April 7, 2016

Men's Volleyball vs. Women's Volleyball

As you can probably tell from other posts, I am an athlete who absolutely loves volleyball. Volleyball consumes most of my life and is something I truly enjoy playing. Volleyball is a wonderful sport that takes a lot of both mental and physical strength, whether you believe it or not. The sport is extremely entertaining to watch, in my opinion. I mean, who wouldn't want to watch people fling their bodies towards a ball? I would choose to watch a volleyball game over a football game any day. While volleyball itself is interesting, it is even more interesting that males can play this sport as well. 
Most people think of girls in tiny little shorts when they think of volleyball. The idea of a male competing in a volleyball game (in basketball shorts don’t worry) slips the minds of everyday people. Only some areas in the country give opportunities for men to play volleyball. If you ever have the chance to watch a men's volleyball game, I highly encourage you to go and watch. Men's and women's volleyball has the exact same rules, except the men's net is a little bit higher up. Other than that everything is exactly the same, besides the level of play.
Watching men's volleyball for the first time is an experience you will never forget. The level of play is so much more intense and higher than most women's matches. The ball is hit five times harder and the blocks are so much higher. Watching the ball be pounded to the ground and the crowd going wild is something extraordinary. There is nothing out there like men's volleyball.

While I am a girl who plays volleyball and enjoys watching volleyball, I would have to say men's volleyball is a lot more interesting to watch. The ball moves quicker, is hit harder, and everything seems so big. The guys who play seem to be giants compared to everyone else, who have some kind of super strength. Men's volleyball is very underappreciated, yet I find it to be one of the most interesting things to watch. The more guys we can get to go out at a young age, the more popular it will be become. I guess the issue is, that guys don't think playing volleyball is cool or manly enough. Trust me, when you get six packed you won't be saying it is a wimpy sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment