Saturday, October 24, 2015

Cross Fit

Are you an athlete who loves to compete and the adrenaline rush of working out? Cross Fit might be for you. Although I have never in my life done Cross Fit or been to a Cross Fit gym, I have heard many rumors about it. I have had multiple friends come up to me and ask if I'm going to do Cross Fit or if I ever have. Some coaches tell their athletes Cross Fit is good while others say it is bad. Why is there so much controversy over working out?

While there are many people who might have different opinions, I have come to my own conclusion that Cross Fit is not for everyone. With so much controversy over this topic, I understand that only some athletes can take the pain and have the endurance to achieve this goal. An article on Rodale Wellness discusses the many benefits of participating in Cross Fit. This includes great cardiovascular conditioning, an increase in joint mobility, an increase in how many calories you burn, and making new friends on your new team. People who enjoy Cross Fit love to work out and will push themselves to do anything. Some people, unfortunately, cannot fulfill their goals.

Another article I found on LiveStrong discusses the many hardships of this workout. The writer talks about the many repetitions and how their body becomes fatigued. They ultimately gave up, because their body felt so weak. Some people do not have the endurance or motivation to keep pushing themselves to their maximum power. An athlete who pushes their bodies and gives one hundred percent every day is a very valuable player, but there comes a time when too much determination can get the best of you. Every single person needs to know what their body is capable of and play to that boundary. It's not worth the harm to over-work yourself.

Cross Fit is a very popular place to work out and get stronger both mentally and physically every day. I do not support nor oppose the business, because it benefits and harms only certain people. Cross Fit is a great choice if y7our body is up for the challenge, I'd say if you're an athlete try it out and see if it's something for you. It doesn't hurt to try. You might even find yourself a new family-like environment and second home to spend your time at.

No comments:

Post a Comment